Happy Saturday, friends!
I hope you are all doing well!
I thought today we could have a latte talk and just chat about some things. Life has been crazier than ever, and I hate feeling out of touch with my readers!
If we were having coffee together, I’d share with you that….
- I’m graduating next Friday with my Master’s degree in Professional Counseling! It still doesn’t even feel real. I am starting to feel more sad about this than excited. I have an incredible support system made up of my professors and my cohort, and the reality is starting to sink in that I am about to lose a support system that is readily at my finger tips. Of course, these people will always be just an email, visit, or phone call away, but it’s just not the same.
- Trevor and I are having *fun* with figuring out the logistics of a new marriage; i.e. merging of bank accounts, dividing house roles & duties, etc. Trevor and I lived together before hand so I didn’t think it would be this complicated, but it turns out that things can be! I’d love any advice that you guys can share about what works in your family.
- We cannot decide if we want to buy a house or build. As of right now, we are keeping our options open. I would rather build, but I know building comes with a lot more work. So far we’ve checked out several lots of land, but nothing seems to be what we are looking for. I am thinking that we may have to lower our expectations, since we both want something that seems to be nearly impossible to find. We are mostly picky about location; we are searching for something that is the perfect distance between my job and Trevor’s job, and a lot with space between the next lot. We both grew up in the country and aspire to not have close neighbors. Not that I don’t appreciate community, but I like having my privacy.
- Trevor and I have been going back and forth if we’d like to get Shadow a sister this summer. I think he would love to have a friend to play with! Shadow’s mom and dad are actually having another litter of puppies, so if we were to get another pup, it would be his actual sister. It’s a huge decision that I go back and forth on. Yes, I’d love another pup, but I think about how time-consuming it was to get Shadow accustomed to his new home and potty trained. Plus, having a dog in general is so much work. I’d be fine with it right now, but I think about down the road when we have children. I’m not sure if I could handle taking care of two kids and having two dogs!
- On a random tangent, it just doesn’t feel like Christmas to me this year. Maybe it’s because I’ve been stressed out and focusing on so many things instead of the holidays- my new job, graduating, and getting ready for our honeymoon. As I shared in my last post, it certainly has been a season of change, and I still feel that I am adjusting. We legit have had our tree up for a week now, and I have not decorated it, because I’m just not feeling it. Maybe it’s because we haven’t had any snow! Does it feel like Christmas to you? Maybe it’s just me!!
- Speaking of honeymoon, I need it more than ever. The stress has been weighing so heavy on me lately! What do you like to do to de-stress?
That’s all the chat I have in me today. I have to get ready for Trevor’s work fundraising event! What are you up to this Saturday?
Feel free to catch up on some of my latest blog posts!
Photos by Shaunae Teske // Sweater: TJ Maxx // Purse: Target // Jeans: Charlotte Russe // Scarf: Walmart
What would you share with me if we were having a latte together? Leave me a comment below! I would love to hear what is going on in your life. <3