Ruana: Walmart (believe it or not!!) | Skinnies: Charlotte Russe | Boots: Charlotte Russe |
Happy Sunday, friends!
I hope you all had a fantastic week. Things are * finally * starting to settle down over here, but I don’t even want to finish that thought, because it always seems that there is never a dull moment in this household!
TBH, I haven’t been on top of my game for posting cute outfits to my blog or Instagram. This is mostly due to the fact that I leave for work when the sun rises, and come home after dark! So, I don’t have a great variety of “on-the-go”outfits to roundup today, but I thought I’d also throw in a life lately update, as it’s been since….uh, MAY?!!!! that I posted one!
Dress: Unknown (literally have had forevs) | Boots: Charlotte Russe | Purse: Target
If we were to grab a cup of coffee together, I’d share with you…
- How excited I am to get our wedding photos back! We should be getting a sneak peak any day now, and the full set in two weeks! Gah! (Stay tuned for a blog post!)
- How weird it is that I have a new last name. I’m still totally not used to it! The other day I was signing paperwork, and I accidentally used my old last name. Oops!
- How exhausted I have been as of lately. I’ll admit, it feels amazing right now to be snuggled on my couch next to my pup with a cup of coffee, blogging. I haven’t been able to do this lately!
- How happy I am for my friends who recently tied the knot. I was in a wedding last weekend. It is so beautiful to be able to witness two people you love commit to one another for life!
- How much I’m loving my new school counseling job. It’s challenging work, but I’m so grateful for the opportunity!
- Apparently, Shadow, my 11 month old Golden Retriever, is getting fat. LOL. He recently had a vet appointment and we were told that he is “developing a few rolls.” This is mostly my fault because I’ve been letting him steal some table scraps. I just can’t say no to those big brown puppy eyes! I promise I’ll include him on the blog soon, he is way too cute not to share.
- How excited I am to be finished with my Master’s program THIS DECEMBER!!!
Sweater: Apricot Lane | Jeans: Pacsun (this wash is my FAVORITE)
Here are some of my recent goals…
- Get back into eating healthy and working out. Since the wedding, I’ve totally been embracing the “I-dont-have-to-fit-in-a-wedding-dress-anymore” lifestyle. 😀
- Get regular sleep each night. 6 hours is not cutting it!
- Go for a walk every single day, even if it’s only for 5 minutes! This is not a physical goal for staying in shape, but a goal to get more fresh air!
- Find my love for cooking again. Yesterday, I made maple glazed sausage pigs-in-a-blanket for my sister-in-law’s Halloween party, and they were delicious! I forgot how much I enjoy the creative process of trying new recipes on Pinterest! (Here is the recipe for the sausages, by the way!)
- Get back into blogging regularly – but I’m not going to break my back to meet this goal, if my week is too busy with school and work.
Dress: JC Penney’s | Shoes: Charlotte Russe | Sunnies: Ray-Ban
Get caught up with my recent posts!
Tips for Dressing Stylish at Work
It’s Wedding Week!
Fall Transition Look
Back to School Style with Apricot Lane
Boho Crossback Dress
What I Wore to My Bridal Shower
Sweater: TJ Maxx | Jeans: PacSun
That’s all for today! Thanks for reading, friends! Have a wonderful week!