This post is sponsored by Apricot Lane Green Bay. Thank you for supporting brands that make Inspiration Indulgence possible!
OMG guys. It just hit me. This September will officially be my LAST “first day” of school! I’m oddly feeling very nostalgic about this fact, and a little bit sad!
Mkay, then I remember how much student loan debt I’ve wracked up. Yeahhh, the nostalgia is gone. LOL.
I’ve always LOVED back-to-school time. I’m such a nerd. I love the smell of fresh school supplies, the excitement of new beginnings, and taking new classes. Back-to-school has always been a time filled with happy memories from my childhood. I would always go shopping with my mom and sisters, and we would lay out all of our new school supplies in the living room and fight over who got the pink pencil pouch. Back-to-school signified the unofficial start of fall, which is my favorite season, and a fresh start.
And what’s a new beginning without a new wardrobe, amiright?!
Today, I teamed up with the ladies at Apricot Lane Green Bay to share a fun back-to-school look, as well as share some of my current favorite fall trends!
Some back-to-school trends that I’m currently loving:
- Olive Green – This color is currently my favorite in my closet! I also think it matches my skin tone perfectly so I’m hoping this trend stays for awhile.
- Camo – I LOVE the camoflauge trend! It’s fun, laid-back, and easy to style.
- Mom jeans – Can I get a YASSS guuurl!!! How do you ladies feel about the “mom jean” trend?! For me, I’m loving it because these jeans are high-waisted and hide everything that hangs out!! lol
- Laceup sweaters – This trend was super hot last fall and it’s still in style, thank goodness.
- Layering – Layering may be hard to initially do in September when it’s still warm out but come October/November, you’ll find me knee deep in cozy layers!
For this outfit, I layered a cute mauve top with an olive green vest with my favorite pair of Levi’s. Obvi, I’m not going to wear leopard stilettos to class, but I thought the leopard added a nice pop of sass to this outfit, so I wore it just for the blog. Just imagine I’m wearing cute booties, instead, k? 😉 I think vests are such a cute staple for back-to-school, and fall fashion in general! They are comfortable, versatile, and great for any season. Win-win in my book!
Photos by Shaunae Teske / Top: Apricot Lane | Vest: Apricot Lane | Necklace: Apricot Lane | Purse: Apricot Lane | Jeans: Levi’s | Sunnies: Ray-Ban | Shoes: Charlotte Russe (linked a similar pair HERE)
Are you heading back to school this September? What do you usually wear when you are heading to class?
Thanks for reading, friends!