Thanks to WeddingWire for sponsoring this post! All opinions are entirely my own. Thanks for supporting brands that make Inspiration Indulgence possible!
Welcome to the first volume of my #WeddingWednesday series. As my wedding is quickly approaching (122 days to go!), I teamed up with WeddingWire to start this series to share monthly planning updates, advice, and posts related to my wedding as it approaches!
I thought that today’s post would just be a general update of where I’m at with the planning, since I haven’t really update y’all with any details yet.
The details //
Our wedding is October 7, 2017! We will be getting married at a Catholic church followed by a reception held at a banquet hall in the heart of Green Bay next to Lambeau Field (home of the Green Bay Packers!)
I’m sure this bit won’t surprise those of you who have followed my blog from the wee beginning days. Because Trevor and I both love to travel together, we are planning a wanderlust/travel themed wedding. I am seriously SO excited about my color scheme and the overall vision, but I don’t want to give away too much detail, so I’m going to stop right here! TBH… I wrote a huge long paragraph about my vision but then decided to delete it so I can keep it a surprise. I’m so bad at keeping my own secrets! 😉 I can’t wait to share my vision with you in photos after the big day!
What I have accomplished //
Since this August marks two years being engaged, it’s safe to say I have accomplished a lot so far, but as the time line is narrowing, now it is time to get detail-oriented!
- We have selected 9 attendants to stand up on each side. I know that might seem like a bit much, but I can’t imagine our party without these special people! Because of our large wedding party, we have chosen not to have a flower girl or ring bearer.
- I have two sisters and couldn’t decide on who should be the MOH, so I’m having two MOH’s! Hey, it’s my wedding…I do what I want! 😉
- I have selected the color scheme.
- I have selected the bridesmaids dresses, and all of my girls have picked up their dresses! (YAS!)
- I have sent out our save the dates.
- I bought my dress last summer! Whoop whoop! It’s stunning!
- We have selected all of our vendors, including our reception venue, photographer, florist, cake lady, DJ service, and party bus.
- We have met with our cake lady and have decided on what our cake will be.
- We finished our pre-marital counseling with our priest last night. It’s getting real now!
- I ordered calligraphed canvases and prints for the tablescape. (Check out my friend Addie’s Etsy shop, she’s amazing!)
- We selected our wedding bands.
- We booked a block of hotel rooms for our guests. (This was a huge stressor from the beginning because we were terrified of having local hotel rooms priced at over $600 a night due to a Packer game landing on the weekend of our wedding, but thankfully, there is an away game scheduled!! Green Bay is the smallest city to own an NFL team so space is VERY limited around here when there are home games.)
What I still need to do //
Now that the vendors are all booked and I have my overall vision of what I want the wedding to look like, it’s time to to start getting organized!
- I need to follow up with our florist to narrow our budget (I went a wee bit crazy at our initial meeting, LOL.)
- I need to plan the rehearsal dinner.
- I need to select my bridal shoes.
- I need to pick a hair style and get a trial. **Random fact: I think more than anything, I’m obsessing the most about how I will wear my hair. I’m kind of a diva when it comes to my hair! I can’t decide how I want to wear it….I keep going back and forth in between styles!
- I need to decide on party favors.
- I need to order the invites.
- I need to order bridesmaid gifts.
- I need to get alterations.
- I need to finish the slideshow for dinner.
- I need to pick up more items for the tablescape decor.
- I need to finish planning the ceremony and make the programs.
- I need to pick up more items for decor.
- We need to start thinking of what we want to do for a honeymoon…we have decided to not have our honeymoon immediately following our wedding because I graduate in December. We are thinking of going somewhere tropical sometime in between January-March. Any suggestions y’all have….hit me up!
- I need to meet with all of our vendors to finalize details.
Fun fact: It’s the year of weddings for us! This summer, two of my closest friends are getting married. Then, the week before my wedding I’m standing up as MOH for my bestie’s wedding! It doesn’t end there… Two weeks after my wedding, Trevor and I are standing up in our best friends’ wedding! I can’t wait. It will be the time of my life!
Tools & resources I’ve been using lately //
Need help getting organized? Here are a few tools from WeddingWire that have helped me!
- Advice & Etiquette Ideas– this hub is such a great place to go to when you need to kill time!
- The Hashtag Generator– I had wayyyy too much for for this. The best one the generator came up with is #OnKloudKorpi but I think I might stay with what my friend came up with, #KeepingUpWithTheKorpis – LOL
- Snapchat Geofilter Tool– Omg guys! WAY too fun. You can select, customize and activate your own Snapchat Geofilter for your bachelorette party, shower, wedding day or just because! I had fun playing around with it. I’m excited to use it for my bridal shower and bachelorette party in August!
I’m really excited that y’all are following along in my wedding planning journey. Your support means the world to me!
In the meantime, check out these posts I’ve written in the past about wedding planning!
10 Lessons I Learned While Planning My Own Wedding
Our Engagement Photos + Our Love Story
Ice Castles Winter Wedding Styled Shoot
My #1 Choice for Save the Dates
15 Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping
10 Things to Do After You Get Engaged
What 30 Brides Would Have Done Differently
Thanks for reading!
Photos by Resolution Photography